(Recent Scholarship Recipients: Emily ’16, Jacob ’20, Prescott ’18, Hayley ‘20)
The God, Country, Notre Dame Scholarship is sponsored by the Notre Dame Senior Alumni Board, and is administered by the University’s Financial Aid Office. This special scholarship provides financial assistance at Notre Dame for our military men and women who meet any one of the following criteria:
- Voluntarily served their country
- Suffered disabling injuries while in a combat environment
- Served and became a casualty due to special operations or terrorist attacks
- Spouses and children of such personnel, including those who have made the ultimate sacrifice or remain missing in action
This year, we asked the ND Senior Alumni community to help with this scholarship through a direct email appeal, ND Day, and by participating in our 2020 Virtual Golf Tournament. Dan Kimball '68 NDSA Chair, commented as we started this process, “Given all the uncertainty this year, it will be challenging to achieve the same results as in prior years, especially without an in-person golf event. But I am confident that ND alums will see the value of helping even in these unusual times.”
The good news is that Dan was right! We want to thank everyone who has contributed so generously to this cause. So many of you stepped up and made this campaign a huge success.
We especially want to thank our Golf Tournament Sponsors. So far, over 4 dozen ND Clubs and alums have signed up to be sponsors. A special thanks goes to the “Last Man Standing Club” who signed up as a Gold Level sponsor for the third straight year. A complete list of sponsors can be found at: 2020 Golf Tournament Sponsors.
Still Time to Help!
There are two ways to help achieve our goal by year-end:
1. Make a direct contribution to the Scholarahip Fund here (tax deductible).
2. Be part of the 2020 Virtual Golf Tournament - The Virtual Golf Tournament has been extended through December 3rd at noon EST. Opportunities are still available to be become a sponsor or participate in the 2021 Masters Tournament Raffle. The raffle winner will enjoy a “Trip For Two” to the 2021 Masters (April 8-10, 2021), retail value ~$9,000. For more information on each of these opportunities, go to: 2020 Golf Tournament.
To recognize everyone who helped make the Golf Tournament a success, a fun “19th Hole Event” is being held on Friday December 4th. During this virtual event, we will acknowledge and thank all the sponsors and announce the raffle ticket winner. We hope you will join us for this exciting event!