Go to section:
The goal of Notre Dame Alumni Travel Program is to provide travel opportunities for our alumni and the entire Notre Dame family, reinforcing the University's traditions and values with emphasis on the educational, as well as religious character that is unique to Our Lady's University.
We offer over 40 programs per year to all seven continents accompanied by Notre Dame faculty or priests. Trips vary in length; 8 days for our Italy trip to 25-days for our Around the World by Private Jet trip of a lifetime. Through these journeys with Notre Dame faculty and fellow alumni, our travelers rekindle and sustain their unique intellectual and spiritual relationship with the University. Specific program information can be found through searching by location on our interactive map or by season.
Our travelers choose to travel with us for a number of reasons. We offer unique travel experiences which include trips and lectures led by Notre Dame faculty and scholars, behind-the-scenes access around the globe and camaraderie with like-minded intellectually curious travelers. Traveling with Notre Dame allows our alumni, young and old, to connect with Notre Dame and build new friendships along the way. There is also a spiritual component. Many of our trips are hosted by Holy Cross priests, connecting our travelers to their faith and Notre Dame. Notre Dame frequent travelers also name quality as the primary reason they travel with us. We carefully select our Travel Partners and only work with those who have a reputation for providing exceptional quality and outstanding customer service to alumni travel groups. The accommodations and cuisine are always first rate. Most trips can be best described as a perfect blend of relaxation and discovery. Of course, traveling with Notre Dame always ensures that you will have safe, secure, carefree travel experiences. Together with our travel partners, we take care of the details.
For extended members of the Notre Dame family, travel programming provides a similarly strong connection to the school through a spirit of inclusion. We welcome anyone interested in traveling with us, not just Notre Dame alumni. The one thing our travelers have in common is that they want to be connected to Notre Dame. We think that is just another reason Notre Dame is unique. Our travelers are parents, family, and friends of the university.
Our Travel Advisory Committee consists of Notre Dame faculty, Notre Dame and Saint Mary’s College administrators and Holy Cross priests. The committee guides the development of the programs strategic direction and portfolio of offerings in fulfillment of the program’s mission.
The committee includes:
- Karen Kresal Anthony '98 hon., Emeritas Director, Alumni Travel
- Robert Barger '67, Adjunct Associate Professor, Computer Applications
- Marc Burdell ’87, Director, Alumni Programs, Alumni Association
- Anthony K. Hyder '62, Professor, Physics
- Rev. Paul Kollman, C.S.C. ’84,’90 M.Div., Director, Center for Social Concerns
- Christa LeeVan, Travel Program Director, Alumni Association
- Rev. Robert Loughery '79, Rector, Sorin Hall
- Barbara Mangione '89 M.A., Emerita Faculty, Romance Languages
- Thomas F.X. Noble, Professor, History and President, American Catholic Historical Foundation
- Kara M. O’Leary ’89, Director of Alumnae Relations, Saint Mary’s College
- Bob Schmuhl '70, Walter H. Annenberg - Edmund P. Joyce Chair in American Studies and Journalism and Director of John W. Gallivan Program in Journalism, Ethics & Democracy
- Anna Thompson, Executive Director, DeBartolo Performing Arts Center
- David Woods, Colonel, USAF Retired
Notre Dame Alumni Travel
University of Notre Dame
100 Eck Center
Notre Dame, IN 46556
Fax: (574) 631-8648
We hope you will join us and travel the world with the Notre Dame family.